Skip to main content

You Are the Reason


Dear Mom,

I don't have the words to adequately describe what I'm feeling. You've now been gone longer than half my life. I miss you every day. I think about you at least once every day. I think about you whenever I do anything creative and then it hurts a little bit. I have a lot of half done projects. I read some notes that people sent you while you were sick. It didn't surprise me how many people loved you and respected you. I even learned a little bit about your childhood from a letter that your cousin Abby sent. It made me a little sad because you deserved a better childhood than you had. You persevered though and made sure my childhood was better than then the one you lived through.

I wish I could remember what your voice sounded like. Those were the first memories I lost: the sound of your voice. I remember the one time some lady pulled into a parking spot you were waiting for at the bank and you cursed at her. I laugh at the memory now, but at the time I was surprised that word even came out of your mouth.

Anyway, I'm sending this out to the cosmos. I miss you. I love you. I wish you were here. I'm trying my best to make you proud.

Love you forever,
Joyce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Hooray for Holi!

My friend Kim and I will be going to celebrate Holi with our fellow Hindus today. I'm not sure if half the people going today actually know what Holi is except for the fact that it is fun. Go to this link and learn about Holi! *Pictures will be forthcoming!* **ETA: So, there was a HUGE accident on the freeway on the way to Spanish Fork yesterday and being the impatient driver that I am, decided to go around the accident. We went through Springville and Mapleton to avoid the accident. Well, not knowing what exit we were at, we weren't sure where we were and completely missed the festival. I was a little bummed. Well, a lot bummed. Kim and I went up the Spanish Fork Canyon instead to a town that was flooded years ago. Hopefully Kim won't hate me forever for missing the festival...