Skip to main content

Late...As Usual

So, turns out that I'm not so great at posting on here as I once was. I was even late to post my once yearly Dear Mom post. I really have no excuses other than I've been out of school for almost 3 weeks now since I started going full-time in January. I'm pretty sure the last time I posted anything was in October of last year.

Anyway, let's play catch up!


  • I started school full-time in January at BYU-Idaho's online program. I completed 28 credits this year. I'm ready for a break.
  • The accreditation for the public health degree program changed but the changes only apply for the on-campus students and not the online students - aka me. So I'm going to have to transfer schools...again.
  • I've been looking at grad programs in Portland, Oregon. Portland calls my name at least once a year, and I always research reasons to move back. The first time I moved there I was under prepared. I moved with the wrong person. When I move back, I'll be done with school and I'll be going on my own. 
  • I'm type 2 diabetic. I've been eating better. I've been eating less. The medication I'm taking makes me sick on a consistent basis. It has been a perpetual party. I'm starting to think the food poisoning I had last week was really the one medication I'm taking that makes me sick making me super super sick that particular day. I lost 5+ pounds that day. It was horrible. I tell you...it has been a perpetual party.
  • I went to California with my dad, my older brother and his family last October. Universal Studios California was on the list of things to do so I went with my dad and niece. Our first stop was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter...of course. I'm pretty sure the Butterbeer raised my blood glucose level a million points, but the 5 miles we walked made up for it. Kind of. 
  • I made my annual visit to the beach while we were in Southern California. It was beautiful. I also made my annual visit to the cemetery to visit my mom and leave flowers. Also, when in California, one must have a real donut. Sorry, Utah, your donuts kinda suck. 
  • I also haven't worked in almost a year. It has been strange not to work this past year because I haven't not worked for longer than a month or two at a time. I took out two student loans, which in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have taken, but I was able to pay down my credit card quite a bit. 
Well, that's about it. This past year hasn't really been super exciting. I've been in school pretty much non-stop for the past two years. I'm only taking 6 credits come January - or I can take 14 credits and accept the school loan (but I won't 'cause 6 credits ain't no thang). Hopefully by then I'll have a job and feel like a normal adult. 

Anyway, this past year really hasn't been exciting. I mean, Universal Studios California and the beach and California in general was pretty great. I'm excited to be out of school for the rest of the year. I'm hoping to be so relaxed by the time school starts up again in January that I'll be excited to learn in an academic setting again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Hooray for Holi!

My friend Kim and I will be going to celebrate Holi with our fellow Hindus today. I'm not sure if half the people going today actually know what Holi is except for the fact that it is fun. Go to this link and learn about Holi! *Pictures will be forthcoming!* **ETA: So, there was a HUGE accident on the freeway on the way to Spanish Fork yesterday and being the impatient driver that I am, decided to go around the accident. We went through Springville and Mapleton to avoid the accident. Well, not knowing what exit we were at, we weren't sure where we were and completely missed the festival. I was a little bummed. Well, a lot bummed. Kim and I went up the Spanish Fork Canyon instead to a town that was flooded years ago. Hopefully Kim won't hate me forever for missing the festival...