Skip to main content

Thoughts

I'm completely messed up tonight. Sleep wise, I mean. I've had a whole week off from work due to the fact that the girls I work with are on a trek. Like the pioneers. Kind of. Minus the handcarts and stuff. I go back to work tomorrow night for another round of drama filled days and I'm-fake-sleeping nights. Totally not excited. I'm taking a mini-vacation to the Pacific Northwest the beginning of June. I seriously cannot wait. The fact that I have a short summer break for school and then a day and a half later I'll be on the road to the Portland, Oregon area excites me to no end.

I'll tell you why. In a list.

1. I feel like I've been working hard on figuring my life out. 
2. Everyone deserves a little time off from real life. From the people they normally associate with during the year. Everyone should take a time out. 
3. It's good for individual morale. Frankly, little vacations, time outs if you will, stop individuals from poking the eyes out of another with a dull pencil after listening to asinine conversations about how and why their parents kicked them out of the house for doing something that they shouldn't have....hmm. Maybe this is getting a little too "real" life for me. ...smh....stupid teenagers...

Moving on...

4. A little road trip clears your mind. Gives you a little perspective of who needs to be in your life and who really doesn't. It's a sad truth, but still, somehow good for the soul.
5. Driving and not thinking of things is good, albeit, slightly more than amazing. The flip side is also true. Driving and thinking of things (people, situations, employment, educational pursuits, etc.) is also, beneficial to the soul. 
6. A little sand in between the toes never hurt anyone. In fact, it's freaking amazing. Remember that one time I went to Seaside, Oregon? Yeah...that day was pretty great. 

Okay, well...I can only really think of six things before I started to repeat myself. I can't wait to go to Portland. I feel like it's my home away from home. I also feel like that's where I made the most friends without being associated with my family or with the Church somehow. In fact, I only met one other person who attended UVU while I lived there and I really can't even count them because it was a jogger who passed me going the other way on the nature path. But still...I miss the experiences I had while I was there. Most of them, anyway. If I had a choice between moving back to Portland or moving to California, I don't know which I'd pick.

Anyway, it's like, two hours past my bedtime and my brain is starting to shut down...oy. When did I get so old?


........I think I'm going to die tomorrow night at work. : /

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of