Skip to main content

Oh my gosh...

I totally forgot that Lent starts today. Geez...I am such a slacker.
I didn't even celebrate Mardi Gras correctly.
Again with the slacker tendencies.

Man. Okay. So far so good for this whole Lent thing.
I wanted so badly to go to a big Catholic church and do the whole
ash on my forehead thing but I feel a little
blasphemous for wanting to do that. I mean, I could but
seeing as I'm not technically Catholic...
although, I think it'd be kind of cool to see how the whole
ash on your forehead thing goes down.

hm...

I may have to take a quick trip to a Catholic church and see what's what
for Ash Wednesday. Anyone want to come??

Comments

Malaina said…
l'll go! I say do the ash thing. I've had Hindu priests bless me with ash and Buddhists sprinkle water on Buddah's birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

Done

I am so happy that I'm done moving! Now comes the almost unwelcome task of unpacking. As it would have it, I've moved into a smaller space and I need to throw out a few things. Maybe, once everything is cleaned up, I'll take pictures. My younger brother, the previous tenant of the space, has left the bathroom a complete mess. Thank goodness for Scrubbing Bubbles and some pretty amazing toilet cleaner. It'll probably take a another day or two to get the shower to the point where I won't be afraid to shower in it. Its pretty nasty I tell you. Anyway, I'm running out of things to write about today. I'm not feelin' it...

Reasons

So, you remember from the last post when I said things were "a-changin'"? Well, they are. I'm moving to Hillsboro, Oregon. ETA: November 1st, but probably November 4th so I can at least finish the pay period instead of leaving in the middle of it. Anyway, here's a quick list of things I bet you didn't know about Hillsboro: *It's near the ghost town of Idiotville, Oregon. Real place. Wiki or google it. *What Draper, Utah is to SLC is exactly what Hillsboro is unto Portland. Almost the same place. *Has AMAZING parks and waterfalls. *All voting is done by mail. Secretly, I'm a little bummed about not getting a "I voted" sticker. Okay, so I could only really think of 4 things that you might not have known about Hillsboro or the surrounding area. Oregon as a state though, is pretty dang fantastic. I'll finally be able to partake in the Goonie-for-the-day festivities in Astoria. While there are many reasons why I'm moving away, the main rea...

Mama

Dear Mom, You've been gone 12 years now and I miss you just as much as I did when you left this earth to live with our Heavenly Father. Life has been hard since you've been gone, but I'm sure you know. Yesterday, on your anniversary, I went to lunch with Felisa and visited Stephen and his wife, Shauna in Salt Lake. Who would have thought that almost all us adult siblings would live within an hour's drive of each other? In Utah, no less. We didn't really talk about you, but I'm sure that we were all thinking of you. My heart ached for you a little bit more. I thought of you on Sunday, since it was the day of the week that you passed away. During the Sacrament, I thought of you and everything you taught me about the Gospel, about Jesus, about facing your fears, about forgiveness. When it came to the bearing of testimonies, I was already crying. Half due to allergies and half due to thinking of you and missing you. I was always the sensitive one. Dad's ex-wife ...