Skip to main content

Time Flies

This post has been sitting in my pile of posts for the past two weeks. It was getting lonely, so, I decided that I should probably finish it. I don't even remember what I had initially planned for this post. I guess 14 days will do that to your memory.

Anyhow, I'm sitting here in bed. I just finished my dinner. I wasn't even hungry. Boredom will screw you over every time. Oy. Like I was saying, I'm sitting here in bed trying to think of something to do. Do I get ready for bed? Do I play around on the internet? Do I go for a walk?? If I had a car and money, I would probably be at the bookstore smelling all those beautiful books only to find my way to the travel section.

I'm getting distracted. The main reason I stopped by to finish this post was because of a song that I came upon while trying to decide what to do with the rest of time before I go to bed tonight. The song that I just listened to - 3 times in a row, by the way - is a song by The Proclaimers called I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles). I have this thing for Irish '80s bands. Well, in this case, they're Scottish. Anyhow, whenever I hear this song, I think of my mom. Every memory associated with this song and mom is a good one. Right now, I can't help but laugh about the time we were in the car with my oldest brother. I don't remember where we were going, but my brother put in one of his cassette tapes - because he truly is a kid of the '80s - and my mom started to rock out to that song. I have other memories of this song; like the first time I watched Benny and Joon. But that wasn't till after my mom died.

The concept of time is so crazy to me. When I was a kid, it seemed like it took forever for Christmas to roll around. I was so excited to have those 2 weeks off from school. Christmas definitely had a more magical feeling to it when I was a kid. Then I hit high school and it just time to catch up on sleep and homework and to spend time with family.

I mention time because the year is almost over. My mom has been gone 14 years. Her birthday and Christmas are 4 months away. It's so crazy. Where has the time gone? Sometimes, I wish I was a kid again just so I can feel that mysterious anticipation bubbling in my chest as Christmas neared. Everything is more magical when you're a 10 year old kid. Everything. Your parents are superheroes. Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are still real.

I want to be kid. Just one more day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of