Skip to main content

Life

So, I've decided to write down those journal prompts down in my paper journal. I come to Blogger pretty regularly, but when it comes down to typing out the prompts, I just don't have to motivation to catch up on whole weeks worth. Plus, I think it'd be kind of cool for my - hopeful - posterity to dig through my journals some day. I'm a journal/paper nerd, so I have a lot of differently sized journals.

Anyway, I'm going to my assigned ward in about 12 hours. I've been avoiding the whole BYU singles ward scene since I moved back to Provo. The Bishop made a surprise visit yesterday morning. I was still in bed after finishing yesterday's graveyard shift. I think I had made it to 4 hours of sleep before they came. I'm surprised they're even letting me attend the ward at all. This will be a good jumping off to start some introspection of things I need to work on. Pretty vague, huh? Let's just say that there is a lot that I need to work that I've been putting off simply because I'm scared of what I'll have to do to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. The unknown just scares me silly sometimes.

I have so many things that are in the works. A few them are at the jumping off point, I just have to wait for the money to come in the accomplish these goals. Thank goodness I've been able to do my taxes early. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my refund soon, pay 2 months worth of rent ahead of time, and then get my education off the ground and a few other things. I'm saving some of my refund for a vacation. I just don't know when or where I'm going. A friend of mine wants to go to Hawaii for a week. Spending all that money on a plane ticket kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe I'll just take a road trip or a train trip somewhere. I don't know...we'll see.

Anyhow, life has been pretty boring. I work, sleep, occasionally eat, exercise. I need to do more of the exercising though. I found a routine that I'll be able to stick to. Then 4 or 5 days of 30 minutes of cardio on top of what I can do in the comforts of my own bedroom. I hate struggling in front of people, so if I don't have to sweat in front of people, then that's what I'll do. I really want to buy the TRX suspension cords. It looks really cool and challenging. And, again, it's something I can do in the comforts of my bedroom. I think I would just have to move my desk.

So yeah...that's what I'm up to. Not a whole lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of