Skip to main content

So...


I've been in Utah for about a week and half now. I have this gut feeling that
I need to call my dad to let him know I'm here. Considering I was going to stay with him.
But things have changed. Apparently. Everything has. I wish I could say that I have a job
right now, but I don't. 

Although, I did have a job interview this afternoon. I have never, in my life, 
have had a job interview on a Saturday afternoon. I don't really know how it went. There was a girl who was being interviewed right before I got there. Totally cute and peppy and I couldn't help but think, "She's totally going to get the job. Here I am, sitting in at a smoothie bar/sandwich shop, pretty much overqualified. But I need a job, so stay. Don't leave..." Yep, I had that conversation with myself about twice while I sat there waiting for her interview to finish. Apparently, she showed up half an hour early, thus, pushing my interview back about 15 minutes. It was annoying. 

I did, however, score a free smoothie. In my efforts to getting back into shape, I got this smoothie from the "healthy" section called Peach Lovers. It was surprisingly delicious and not at all sugary or ice cream-y. Once I know whether or not I get the job, I'll let ya'll know where this place is so you can enjoy a Peach Lovers smoothie.

Other than that, my days aren't filled with much of anything. Well, the first week I was here, my nieces had a few days left of summer vacation before school started up again, so I got to play with them and stuff. But now that they're in school, my days aren't really filled with much excitement. I wake up. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast. Then I but my bed away and sit on the couch while my brain and my body catch up with each other. Then I'll either take a shower or do some job searching on my laptop until lunchtime. After lunch, I'll either do more job searching or I'll play with my kindergarten-er niece. After that, my older nieces get home from school and it's pretty much pointless to do much else because of interruptions. The rest of the day, if I haven't taken a shower yet, I'll do that and then hang out with my nieces and nephew. Help make dinner sometimes, watch a little t.v. with the kiddos or take a walk with my kindergarten-er niece. 

Pretty boring, yeah? Although, what I do all day sounds like what a lot of stay at home mom's do all day, I don't want to discount their efforts, I am just used to a completely different routine.

Anyway, tomorrow is an early day...bleh. Hopefully I'll be able to get a Sunday afternoon nap after church...*cross my fingers*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of