Skip to main content

New Things

So, I haven't made a public announcement, but I got a job T H R E E weeks ago. I've been gainfully employed for just over 3 weeks ago. I love working. I love having a job. I love being able to buy the stupid things like toothpaste and shampoo, because really? Since I can buy the stupid silly things that people need to function, means that I can start saving, pay tithing, go grocery shopping. Also, since I work for a certain Church funded company, I also get to go to school. For free. Then, after I'm done doing the program that I've been interested in, since forever, I get to go to Weber and finish my bachelor's degree the debt free way. Awesome, right? It is. It's also a lot of work because since the Church is all about self-reliance and what not, I have to do the work all myself which means that I have to find the motivation to go to 2 night classes a week to get to the point where I can finish my bachelor's without going into more debt.

But you know what? A debt free education sounds A LOT more awesome than having to endure just a few months of discomfort. Discomfort = no more 9 hours of sleep, not a lot of internet playing (which has already been cut back considerably), a little less time with my kid brother. The lack of sleep is going to really kick me in the caboose because, let's face be honest here, I like - nay, LOVE - to sleep. But, unfortunately or fortunately (however way you look at it), it is what it is. I like that saying nowadays. It is what it is. You can change it or not. Whatever way you look it, it's just going to be.

Anyway, in the 3 weeks I've been working, there has been SO much drama. I swear, I knew about people's problems and family situations in the first week I was there. I try to steer clear of any and all gossip and drama. In a sense, keep my nose clean. It's just easier that way. If I do hear gossip, it pretty much ends at me. Life is about a thousand times easier to keep out of the gossip and drama at the workplace. Even in regular life. Do I need to know who likes who or who hates who? Nope. I don't care. Plain and simple.

Well, life is good. No major complaints here. Still doing my personal lent. I have less than 10 days left and let me tell you, major blessings have occurred. Really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of