Skip to main content

Gosh...

I'm having a hard time remembering that quote by Elder Wirthlin. It goes "something something something. But Sunday will come." Anyway, the past couple days has left me waiting for my Sunday to come. It's been a difficult week; it's left me wondering what else Heavenly Father intends for me to do. My Sunday did come, though. I left yesterday morning to drop off my dad in some little town in Idaho to catch his ride. It wasn't the usual spot so the ride took an extra hour of driving leaving me to take the long way home. We drove through Logan Canyon and drove right past Bear Lake. I've heard so much about the little lake town that I thought I knew what to expect. I didn't. The lake itself is HUGE. I knew it spanned two states, but seriously, how big can a lake be? Anyway, I dozed for a while because the night before I was up late racking my brain for solutions to a few predicaments my dad and I found ourselves in. Money had literally ran out and our food was only going to last another day or two.

We finally got to where we needed to be so my dad could catch his ride to Wyoming for the week. I gained a friend and had a wonky windshield wiper screw tightened for my ride home. The three hours of driving with intermittent radio signal let me think and sort through what I've experienced the past week. I've come to the conclusion that if you're putting your trust in God (Buddha, the Virgin Mary etc. depending on your religious preference), things do work out. I'm celebrating my version of Lent this year. Essentially, I've picked a commandment (scripture study and daily prayers) that was hard for me to do on a daily basis that I had fallen out of routine in doing. In just a week, I can already see and feel the difference. My heart is bursting with gratitude for a Heavenly Father that is aware of the things that I'm having a hard time with. There is still no money, but other things have been taken care of.

The friendship that was waiting to blossom with my dad's weekly ride, bloomed at just the right time. I don't know what's going to happen after my dad quits this job for the local job he's been trying to get. But for just a moment, the friendship I have with this guy was exactly what I needed yesterday.

Today, I'm just grateful. Grateful for the good people in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of