Skip to main content

What to do at 2am...

I know I should be sleeping right now, but when you have a lot on your mind, sleep sometimes goes by the wayside. Tomorrow - well, later today - I'll be venturing into Downtown Ogden to look for a job. I really should just go to the LDS Employment Center, but I have no clue where it is. Okay, that's a lie, I did go to DI Tuesday night. I didn't bother to look around to see if there was an employment center there; they probably have one. I'm going to take my chances on the bus though. I'm really hoping my UVU student i.d. card/bus pass works up here. I haven't checked if Weber State has a similar bus pass/student i.d. card combo yet. I don't really need either of them right now seeing as my bus pass from UVU is valid till the middle of September. I'll just cross my fingers and bring cash fare just in case.

Here's what is on my plate for tomorrow:
*Eat breakfast
*Shower
*Dig through my stuff to find my dress pants and a not so wrinkled shirt.
...hope I can find one.
*Check the bus schedule online and write down multiple times to take with me.
just in case.
*Walk to the bus stop and hope that there's a stop close to where I need to go.
*Apply for the one job that I know is still hiring.
*Walk around the mall to see if anyone else is hiring.
*Get home, hopefully, before my little brother gets home from school.

I'll probably go looking for the library and check it out. I need to see if Ogden is a well read community. Or just to see if they're library is better than American Fork's. I'll also take some pictures on my new phone. My sister and I are on the same plan and we were able to upgrade our phones. We both got the same smart phone and lucky for me - and you, dear reader - the charger is a USB cord which means I can upload my pictures without an actual digital camera. I'll still purchase a camera some time after my taxes are done, but for now, my phone will work just perfectly. Plus, the camera on my phone has just as many mega pixels as my old camera.
So be excited!

I've also been working on my Year of Expression goals and so far, I've only been cooking. So far my "artistic" expression has been limited to chicken and potato curry and peach cobbler. I am also trying to express my thanks more often when someone does something for me. I need to be better at genuinely thanking people outside my family. Like the nice cashier at Walmart that helped me the other day or the nice cashier at WinCo.

idk.

It seems silly to really REALLY thank the cashier at any store you go to,
but from someone who has been a cashier, it really makes your day when someone genuinely thanks you; without being overly gush-y and creepy, of course. I'll start taking pictures, hopefully, with more regularity now that I live in a city that I've only been to once prior to moving here. Downtown seems pretty nice, so hopefully I'll be able to catch a few nice pictures. I just hope the weather isn't calling for snow in the next week or so.

Anyway, I've only 6 hours before I need to wake up and start my day.
Wish me luck!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love this. I always try to remember to tell cashiers that I appreciate them.

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of