Skip to main content

I can do hard things

School has started. I love that on the first day of class it smells of freshly mowed grass and that the buildings smell clean. The Woodbury has gotten its face-lift and parts of campus have gotten a little lift as well. I think it's weird that the incoming freshmen, the ones right out of high school, are so small. I don't know...like whenever you drive past the MTC and the missionaries are, they all look small.

Anyhow, I've gone to all my classes and my professors, I think, will all be pretty cool. Although, I'm not terribly excited about my math class. I already missed the second day of class. I had one of those mornings where you intend to wake up and get to class on time, but totally turned off my alarm clock unconsciously turned off my alarm clock. Well, I guess I'd have to be a quarter lucid to reach over and turn it off, but I have absolutely no recollection of ever moving my arm to do so.

Let me tell you, it's been a long week of not getting enough sleep. And you'd think that your roommate's almost boyfriend and she wouldn't stay up so late since he's got work at the butt-crack of dawn and school at 8:30am on alternating days, but whadaknow...being twitterpated does funny things to your brain.
It's a proven fact. Believe me.


Also, waiting for your pell grant money and gov't loan money to find its way into your bank account does weird things to you. I've been needing to buy my books and supplies but being that the school doesn't believe in releasing your monies till the first week of school kind of screws you over. Yeah, I know I probably should have been slightly more prepared and saved up money to buy at least a few of my more important books, but I didn't. I'm a procrastinator at heart, through and through. Plus, it wouldn't feel like school if there wasn't a little bit of stress the first week.

On the top of my list of things to purchase - aside from my textbooks of course! - are some glasses. I bought some last fall, but totally lost them. I usually don't lose things that quickly. I'm kind of digging these right now
They look pretty much the same as the ones I bought last fall. I'll just have see what America's Best has available or maybe I'll join the whatever-deal-they're-having club at WalMart. Either way, as long as I can see the whiteboard from the back of the room, I'll call it good.

Anyhow, I'm totally ready for a relaxing weekend. I'm moving back to Provo next weekend. Thanks be the heavens! I'll be 20 minutes closer to school via the bus and I'll have time to actually study and do my papers. The best part is, I'll be closer to the friends that I actually hang out with.

Huzzah!

Comments

Malaina said…
You are so funny! I love the word "twitterpated." It sounds like school is going to be great- good luck with your second week!
Annie said…
Rachel introduced to me to the website GlassesUSA.com. Go to it--they have awesome glasses for way cheap! Good luck with school!

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of