Skip to main content

For the Love...

So, I think I have the best roommates ever. I've had very few unlovable roommates in the past, for which I am grateful. I am thankful that I have been blessed with wonderful roommates. I've been able to talk with them, share laughs with them, talk about boys with them....all in all, we've been having a fabulous summer together. Tonight, my roommate Alicia and I went to go play tennis with a few people from the ward. We have little "clubs" that meet once a week just to have the chance to hang out and get to know each other outside of church and FHE. Today is Cardio Club Treat Thursdays. Wednesdays are Game Nights. Tuesdays are kind of unofficial. Tuesdays are usually Temple Tennis Treat Tuesday but I don't know how many people know about that one. Anyway, tonight, as per usual, we played tennis. We love tennis in our ward...and soccer. The boys love dodge ball, but the girls stopped playing with the boys ever since Kara got knocked unconscious.

Anyhow, I digress. I love that I have people to hang out with during the week instead of feeling like the cliques have taken over and invite people only when they think about it. I LOVE togetherness. I think it's so hard to do that in BYU wards or any other student/singles wards that are close to campus because there are so many people. I like my quaint ward. We may be small in numbers, but I think it just gives us a fighting chance to get to know each other and become friends instead of feeling like numbered livestock going to the meat market to get sent off to the gate of marriage is your only way out. Which, I guess it technically is, but honestly, I haven't heard a single talk about marriage in my ward. There are very few talks about dating and I appreciate that.

My roommate, Meikka and her sister Heather, came up with this club called The Cycle of Awesomeness and Respect. The only person that I can think of that fits this description, without having to get into lengthy descriptions of who may be in this club, is Moroni from the Book of Mormon (duh). Our post boy for The Cycle of Awesomeness and Respect is our friend Mike. He, is without the doubt, one of the most amazing guys that I know. I mean, seriously, it'd be hard to find someone to knock him out of first position. I mean, aside from Moroni, because let's face it, he is pretty up there on the awesomeness scale. Anyhow, Mike is just one of those guys who is sincere no matter what. When he's complimenting someone, he means it. He isn't fake and he includes everyone regardless of how annoying they might be. And trust me, we have at least one person who drive any normal person nutty. I'd totally marry him. If cloning weren't so controversial, I'd clone Mikey, an older version anyhow. All in all, I suppose that we all have a soft spot for him because he makes us want to become better. To rise to the occasion, so to speak. There are a few guys in our ward that fit the description...man, we have an awesome ward. There are a few "tee-ha-ha's" that drive me nutso though.

*Side note: a tee-ha-ha is a giggly little girl who giggles a lot when she flirts with boys. Normally, she's 18-20 years old and has an intense interest for returned missionaries, which may or may not be listed as one of her interests on her Facebook page. Not all girls listed in that age group fit this description, but it's pretty darn close. /side note*

I suppose I shouldn't be so judgmental. I'm sure I was one of those girls who fawned over the RM's. My views on boys has definitely changed. Blerg...flirting is so overrated. There should be a flirting guide for those who are nearing 30 years old. Ha, remember that line from 13 Going on 30? "I want to be 30, flirty, and fabulous." I get a kick out of that movie and Mark Rufalo is a foxy, foxy man.

Oy...I'm babbling.

So, here is your random, mid-month post. I babbled a lot today. I'm good at that. In 13 hours, I am headed to Park City for the weekend to bond with my ward sisters. There will be much fun to be had. Delicious food to consume, pools to be waded in, and spiritual learning to be learned.

Aren't you jealous? =)

Comments

Laura said…
So where are you now? Text me and tell me!

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of