Skip to main content

On the first day of school, my Professor gave to me...

It all started on a summer morning in August. I woke up before my alarm went off, which is something I NEVER do voluntarily. Maybe it was nerves or just the fact that I had gone to bed about three hours prior so it was meant to happen. Anyway, I wake up, roll out of bed throw some clean unfolded wrinkly clothes on and get upstairs to eat my bagel and peanut butter. I was ready. My stomach rumbled and grumbled to show its distaste for eating earlier than 9am and because, well, I was nervous.

My classes are going to be pretty awesome this semester. Three of my five classes anyway. Hospitality, Intro to Business and English. My English Professor is pulling double duty this year - she teaches at Weber State as well - and is an adamantly professed hater of cell phones and also, as it were, an atheist. She's a little scary in the sense that she's so over the top. She doesn't say anything about religion because, well, she doesn't have a religion, she would probably drop a couple f-bombs if she felt like it. She's just one of those loud, get in your face kind of people and that scares me a little bit. The quiet brown girl in the corner who will participate if my grade depends on it but will want you to stay away if you're loud and in your face crazy. Some people I know are like that, but I love them anyway. Miss D - which she wants us to call her by the way - is someone I do not love. At least not yet. I could, but I really doubt it.

My hospitality class will be pretty cool. Guest lecturers, lots of online quizzes, and easy reading are what will make this class pretty much a breeze. Not so pumped up about it as I thought I would be, but its only the second week of school.

Now, my business class is going to rock. I might have to minor in business or change my major to technical writing or something because this class is going to be the bomb! Ha and yes, I did just say 'the bomb'. Laugh all you want. I'll wait. :-) Okay, moving on. I love my Professor. She's younger than I thought she'd be which is why I think she's a little more able to relate to the class. I mean, she's probably in her mid 30's and definitely into what she's teaching us about.

My computer class is going to be dull. Its pretty much a pass or fail class. I'll just have to read the assignments, do the homework and do well on the quizzes and tests (which shouldn't be hard at all) and I should be able to keep at least a 3.5 this semester. I'm hoping that's the case.

The online math class I'm taking is probably going to be the class that stresses me out to the max. The program that we have to use to submit our homework and quizzes is really not user friendly program. It's really cumbersome to use for some reason and in my head, it doesn't make sense of how to use it without having to look at your keyboard or constantly move your hand up and down from the mouse to the keyboard. Its awkward for sure.

Anyway, I've made a deal with God as part of a challenge from my Book of Mormon institute class. Not that I'd recommend making deals with God all the time. It could be hazardous to your health...

(I don't know what I'm talking about. Its late and I've only had like 5 hours of sleep for the day and its been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.)

Ok, now that is out of the way. I made a deal with God that if I put Him first in my life, he has to help me out with those blessings. Especially with this being my first real semester back at school. So I'm going to try that out and see how it goes. My blogs may be result blogs of this deal I made with God. I hope that I remember to write them down because, you know, gratitude is an important virtue to have.

Anyway, I'm rambling now and its time for me to go to bed. I'll report more when I'm not so sleep deprived. Which could be never. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of