Skip to main content

The Study of Jake part 2

Last night, my sister and I went up Hobble Creek Canyon to hang out with a couple of our friends. I invited Jake to come along just so we wouldn't be by ourselves up there. Sam-the girl that is absolutely in love with Jake-was also there. We had a short conversation just between the 2 of us about her being in love with Jake. Apparently, she thought she wasn't being obvious about the whole thing over the summer. Ha...right. As if you couldn't tell that she was in love with him. Anyway, she was telling me that his opinion about she wanted to do with her life mattered to her so much that she probably wouldn't do anything without asking Jake first. She also told me that she loved him so much that she worries about him when he's gone for work. He travels every other week for work and is gone 3 to 1o days at a time.

This conversation reminded me of how I felt about a certain Mark Morris back in high school. I eventually got over him. Prom was in April? So I guess it took a good 3 months to get over him. I had a lot on my plate to deal with that year so I had to discard him into my memory's recycle bin so to speak. It made me kind of sad for her because I know how miserable she'll be if things don't work out the way she wants them to. She seriously loves him. I asked her if she would kill the girl he eventually ends up marrying and she said, "No. I wouldn't kill her. I'd be happy for him because that's all I want him to be. Happy with the life he's making for himself. Of course, I want to be the girl he marries. I want to be the one who makes him so happy that he can't live without me." That part kind of worries me. Jake is so content with living his life right now in bachelorhood. He likes not being tied down right now. Before my sister and I got to the pavillion they were at, they were having this conversation about him finding someone and settling down. Somewhere during the conversation, he said that he did want to settle down and have kids, eventually, down the road. But she had to be able to live at a lake house in the middle of nowhere where the electricity can go out for 2 weeks at a time and snows for what seems like an eternity. Pretty extreme, don't you think? Besides, Jake's down the road means another five years from now. He's pretty wishy washy like that about some stuff.

I don't know if Sam is in for the long haul or if she'll be the one to change Jake. Part of me really doubts that she'll want to hang on for that long. However long that may be. I told her that I liked Jake but that I wasn't going to hang on to the possibilities because he likes being alone right now. While we were saying our goodbye's, we were all joking about something and Jake said, "I like her more than I like you." He pointed at me when he said "I like her more". Sam just looked at me said something like "Your mom likes me more" to offset what he said. She texted me later and said, "You two better not be dating without me knowing about it."

Anyway, there really is no point in worrying about this whole situation. I'm trying not to get sucked into the problem. I don't want to be sucked in. That would only cause unnecessary gray hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of