Skip to main content

Sitting. Waiting.


Things I'm resolving to do better in 2012:

1. Actual journal writing. I broke out my paper journal when I moved to Oregon to remind myself that I needed to document the move and neglected to even open it till last night. I wrote until my brain was thoroughly swished around in my head. I still need to write more about what is going on in my life. There is so much that has happened in the past couple days. Big, huge, gigantic life changing decisions need to be made and I'm scared. These type of things I've neglected to write in my journal the past year. 365 days of life has gone by and I haven't written any of it done.

2. Read my Patriarchal Blessing more often. I really am a dummy when it comes to spiritual things. In all the stressful things that have been happening in the past year, I've practically had to smack myself for not reading this sacred piece of personal scripture more often.

3. Scripture study. My friend Claudia started this little challenge on Monday to read the Book of Mormon in three months. That comes to about six pages every day. It's day 3 and I'm already behind 18 pages. Talk about slacker tendencies and I'd be the poster child.

4. Being healthy in general. I haven't had a whole of meat in the past 3 weeks. Mostly because I ran out of lunch meat and cheese and the only protein I had available were black beans and eggs - until I ran out of eggs 2 weeks ago...but I digress. I gave being a vegan a 72 hour try out and decided that I'm far too lazy to read labels and put in the work necessary to live that kind of lifestyle. Besides, I love eating cheese and eggs and bacon way too much to ever give them up completely. With that said, vegetarianism is probably going to be a lot easier for to handle both mentally and emotionally (yes, food is emotional. Just ask any girl who is on her period.).  Although, I'll probably won't ever be a strict vegetarian. Kind of those Jewish people who eat pork...

As far as exercising goes, I have, at my disposal, a nature park trail that starts in my parking lot. I've been walking at least 30 minutes a day and it feels pretty good to be out of the house taking in the fresh air. Even though it's been raining every day for the past 2 weeks, Oregon rain can't decide whether or not it wants to be misty like the produce sprayer thingies or if it actually wants to rain for real. So walking in the rain hasn't proven to be too much a nuisance.

Other than those 4 basic "goals", I'm still going to be doing the Year of the Granola. I won't be coming back to Utah with dreadlocks, weird piercings reeking of patchouli oil, but I'll definitely be trying a lot different things this year. Like meditation and yoga in the nature park next door.

I've decided that once I'm done with being in Oregon, I'm moving back to Utah. I thought I was trying to get out of Utah to something that would better suit me, but I realized that Utah has become my home. Reasons will be forthcoming if I can actually face my hard decisions and be super honest with some people. It's scary...

Anyway, life has been interesting. Life hasn't been easy. Needless to say, I'm waiting for my Sunday to come and for the sunshine to come back. Life is always better when the sun is shining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of