Skip to main content

In true blogging form

So, I haven't updated in over a month. Christmas was crazy at work to say the least. I don't think I've ever spent that many hours at work in my whole entire life. The pay period right before Christmas, I put in nearly 100 hours. Of course most of my overtime was taken out in taxes, but I had money to spend at least for gifts.

The Saturday before Christmas, I received my endowments at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was pretty amazing and nerve wracking at the same time. Jake and my former visiting teacher Heather were able to come as well as my cousin, Kuulei and my sister in law and my brother. It was an amazing experience that you only get to live once for yourself. In good practice though, I hope that I'm able to attend the Temple as much as possible. In church on Sunday, one of the speakers said that Young Single Adults struggle with 3 fundamental things, which is why the First Presidency always speak about them in Conference and in Church articles. They are: prayer, scripture study and temple attendance. Those things happen to be on my resolve to do list this year. I want to be able to prayer more selflessly, more like I'm having a real conversation with my Heavenly Father. I want to not just read my scriptures to get it out of the way, but to really read them and get something new out of what I've read. I want to attend the temple as much as I can. As much as my present situation permits. I'm shooting for at least once a month this year.

I went to Wyoming for Christmas. This was the first Christmas everyone was in one spot for. I wasn't really in the Christmas mood this year for some reason. Maybe it was work, maybe it was everyone being in one spot that overwhelmed me. I think a big part of me not being in the Christmas spirit was work. It just didn't feel like Christmas because everyone gets crazy with their Internet shopping. It felt like I was missing something though. I'm not quite sure what exactly I was missing but something was definitely missing.

Jake and I have been hanging out more and more as of lately. I didn't see him pretty much all of December. But within the past two maybe three weeks, I've seen him more than I would normally. Jake is really a cool guy and I definitely appreciate his friendship. I'm trying my darndest not to fall for him though. I'm comfortable in the friendship stage right now and I want to avoid what happened with Sam and the awkward situation that has ensued with Jake. Sam is actually ignoring the both of us in her efforts to get over Jake. It's left me thinking that she'll ignore me for a long time and I'm not sure how to feel about that. There's no way that I'll give up my friendship with Jake just to make her happy. Jake and I are good together. Not that we're dating or anything, but we mesh well. Our personalities are pretty compatible and the more I learn about him, the more I'm amazed at how similar we are. But I'm starting to think that I'm replacing Sam in his life. I hate being the replacement. Although, this change was pretty inevitable in all our lives. Jake and I have become good enough friends where he is willing to rent his house to me and a couple of other girls in the ward. I am forever in debt to him. I've been trying to find a place close to a bus stop and in the ward and close to the people that I consider my friends but have come up short in my findings. Until last night. I wanted to hug Jake. I really wanted to, but I think it would have been awkward to hug him in front of Sam and I'm not sure if our friendship has gone to the side hug stage. If Jake and I don't get married, which I'm not planning on, my hope is that we'll stay friends regardless of where we end up living in this great big world.

My new year has gotten off to an interesting start. I'm grateful for the friends that I've made and for the people who've made a difference in my life this year. It's weird to think back and remember where I was a year ago. Life was different. I didn't know Jake, Kimberly, Sam, Blake or anyone I met this last summer, but it seems that the friends that I've made over the course of the past year will be sticking with me for a while longer. I feel almost apprehensive about the next stage in my life with the people that I've met and the new information that I've learned in the past month. There are times I don't want things to change just for the sheer fact that the end of an era sometimes means that it's an end of some friendships.

My life has never been better and I have never been more happy with my current situation as I am right now. I want my life to become better than it is right now and I'm hoping that I'm prepared for that next stage in my life. I hope I'll recognize it and not be afraid to take that next step into the dark. I hope that wherever the road I'm on leads me to that it will include Jake as my friend and eternal happiness.

Comments

Sarah said…
Hey girl,
It looks like you've had a lot of things going on in your life. I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out around Christmas. I really want you to see Tommy. He's almost 1! (in 2 months). Are you going to school this semester? I can't remember. Anyway, hope you're good. Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of