Skip to main content

Curse My Slacker Tendencies!

So...hey. I haven't been here in a while. Actually, I come to my blog every day; I either have a lot on my mind and have no way to make sense of it enough so it doesn't look like I just came to dump my ideas/nonsense/actual thoughts; or I really haven't been doing much. Most of the time it's the latter.

Anyhow, 2014 has ended. It ended two weeks ago. Duh. Here's a quick recap of my 2014:

January
Got a hair cut.
Ankle strengthening exercises.
Work.
Hospital bills.

February
Work.
Paid off some hospital bills with tax refund.
Bought expensive running shoes...and clothes with tax refund.
More ankle strengthening exercises.
Costco card!

March
Orthopedic surgeon bill.
More ankle strengthening exercises.

April
My birthday.
Walking around like a champ by now.

May
Beginning of my summer of 2 jobs.
End of any limited free time.

June
Hardly any time off.
Slowly paying off the ER bill that I forgot to pay off in February.
Hear about supervisor position opening at grave shift job. Interested.

July
House sitting for my brother
Get hair did by a real professional outside of Fantastic Sam's.
Interview with Program Director for grave shift supervisor position.
Got the job the same day!
Put in 2 weeks notice at 2nd job.
Supervisor training.
Brain turns to mush from amount of information I have to absorb.
Hold first interviews to replace the spot I left as a part time employee.

August
First real shifts as supervisor and full time employee.
More grey hairs.
More interviews.

September
More grey hair.
Stress.
Interviews

October
Seemingly calm month.
Hair cut.

November
Just kidding.
More interviews.

December
Have an employee put her 2 weeks notice in and then have her husband call to say she isn't going to finish the 2 weeks notice.
S T R E S S
Interviews. Interviews. Interviews
Realization: People are flaky. Even if you give them a job, they won't show up to start the paperwork.
Got about 30 hours of overtime for the month.
Lots of grey hairs.
Finally had to dye my hair to cover the grey and to get rid of the ombre I got in July.

I'm hoping 2015 won't be near as stressful. So far, it's been a quiet month. I have interviews to do and at least 1 more person to hire this month. I really hate the interviewing process. Mostly because I'm the one having to ask the important questions and go with gut about the people I interview. I got lucky with my first interview as the supervisor.

Anyway, I don't have any real goals for the year, yet. I've been seeing how long I'll make it as an every day bed maker. So far, so good. Although, I did miss the first 2 or 3 days of the year mostly because I was either in bed sleeping or not at home. Also, I'm saving $200 a month till July or August to put a down payment on a newer car. I've been pretty happy without having to make a car payment every month, but lets face it, an independent woman in her 30's - who doesn't live in Manhattan or other such cities - needs a car. I can't really do my Costco shopping without a vehicle. What else am I doing? Oh, yeah. Flossing is one of those healthy choices I'm actively making every night (or morning) before going to bed. It's amazing - and I should have been doing this on the regular - how flossing affects what's going on in your mouth.

So, making my bed, flossing every day, and padding my savings account. Sounds pretty adult to me. I think I woke up one day, just before the new year, and thought, "You're adult. You should probably start doing more adult things." Or at least something to that effect. I feel like I've been avoiding calling myself an adult out loud just for the sake of extending that carefree, nothing weighing me down attitude I had in my 20s. As much fun as I had in my 20s, I finally feel ready to be that "boring" 30 something year old that I dreaded. Although, having a good job and a steady income has allowed me to do the fun things that I dreamed of doing in my 20s.

I guess I just upgraded my attitude on life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooray!

I've lost 9.2 pounds in the last 6 days. I'm excited! The picture really doesn't have anything to do with weight loss per se, but it does have the word reduce on it and I took the picture, so I'm putting it up. :-]

Sleepiness becomes me

*sigh* I miss the ocean. Not really the Atlantic Ocean, although I have to say that the East Coast has some beautiful beaches. But the Pacific Ocean will always be home to me. I miss it. I miss the hot sand, the coconut scented sunscreen and tanning oil, the salty sea air, the random volleyball games, the hot surfer boys. I miss it all. Its my favorite place where you can watch the sunset while looking out over the water. Its amazing! Sure, it gets hot, but really? When you're there at the beach looking at the water, taking it all in, it doesn't really matter how hot it is. I've always loved the water. It has a calming effect over me like lavender oil in a steamy bath. I wish I could just be a beach bum for the rest of my life. I'd take photos and sell them to support my needs. Kind of like what Thoreau did at Walden Pond. I really only need the simple things in life and the beach and ocean. I could get along without my phone and definitely without my alarm clock. Just

Slowly but surely

The weight loss has slowed just a little. I've only lost roughly 3 pounds this week. But I am determined to lose at least 80 pounds by my birthday. It's a tall order that's for sure. I have about 34 days to do it. I have to lose 2.4 pounds a day to surpass my goal by a little over than a pound. I suppose I'll have to be more diligent on my diet and exercising. I won't be disappointed if I come close though. The whole point of me going on any sort of exercise/diet plan is to get healthy and to get ready for Hawaii. I refuse to fly on a plane at my current weight. Mostly because I don't want to be embarrassed if I have to get a seat belt extender. I don't want to. I refuse to be one of those people that have to get special accommodations because of my weight just to fly. I think that I've come a long way from how I ate and exercised before. I pretty much look forward to my walks every day and I don't crave soda anymore. I actually had about 4 ounces of